Benefits you may be entitled to

If you've recently been made redundant, you may be eligible for financial support. While we understand that you might be feeling confused about your options, Jobcentre plus and the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) are good places to start.

Jobcentre Plus

If you've worked and paid enough National Insurance contributions, usually within the last two or three years, you may be eligible to claim a contribution-based benefit.

For more information, visit and

Additionally, Universal Credit is a payment to help with living costs. If you need to make a claim, you must apply online. Visit

If you need help making an online claim, call the Universal Credit helpline on 0800 328 5644 or textphone 0800 328 1344.

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

CAB advisers can help when things go wrong, be that with universal credit, benefits, housing, budgeting, debt, pensions and relationship issues. Everything that the CAB do is free and confidential. And, if getting back to work take a little time, the CAB can also help you ready yourself to begin again through volunteering opportunities that have been backed by quality training and accreditation.

Find your local CAB office online at Or, if you're looking for instant information and advice, visit

Home Energy Scotland 

If you're struggling with bills due to redundancy, Home Energy Scotland can help you find out if you're eligible for financial support. 

Take a look on their website at