You need to confirm you are over the age of 25 and living in Scotland
We’re committed to making our online services and information accessible to as many people as possible.
My World of Work Beta has been designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of jaws, nvda and voiceover)
- all videos hosted on the site have been transcribed and subtitles and are available within the video player by pressing the cc button.
There’s support available to make your computer, mobile or phone and/or tablet easier to use – this includes zooming, changing contrast and text and much more:
We do most of our testing using Chrome, Vox, Voiceover JAWS and NVDA. These are the screen readers we recommend that you use.
We have BSL and subtitled videos on our services that give more information about our services. You can also find out how to get in touch:
- you can change the look of the subtitles to have a black bar behind with yellow writing if that is preferred.
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need - for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, and accessible PDFs.
How we test our websites
Our websites are audited annually for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 Level A and Level AA. These tests have been carried out internally.
We conduct extensive in-house testing when developing new tools and content including JAWS, NVDA and Chrome Vox.
We continually prioritise changes required to improve the accessibility of our websites.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
Although every measure has been taken to ensure this site is accessible upon release, we will be aiming to identify and fix any future issues to keep My World of Work Beta level AA compliant.
This statement was created in June 2020 and has been updated on:
- 20th December 2020
- 1st June 2021
- 20th December 2021
- 1st May 2022
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact us.
- if you contact us with a complaint and you’re not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
- the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website's accessibility
SDS is committed to making our websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.