Practical advice on getting a job
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) offers a full range of career management, employability and information services to enable you to make well-informed and realistic decisions about your next steps.
Our professionally qualified Careers Advisers offer free and impartial guidance on:
- identifying your current skills, expertise and strengths
- routes into the jobs and careers that suit you
- applying for new work, training or learning opportunities
- developing a CV or cover letter
- preparing for interviews.
Have a look at our job search below for immediate opportunities, or speak directly to a careers adviser on 0800 917 8000
Looking for a job?
If you're looking for job opportunities with an immediate start, the My World of Work job search could help you.Visit the My World of Work job search
Jobcentre plus - Find a Job
'Find a Job' is a Jobcentre Plus online service that allows you to upload CVs, apply for jobs and keep track of your job hunt activity.
Your local Jobcentre can also offer you advice to help you:
- get the best job matches
- access training options
- learn about financial help for travel, childcare costs, tools or equipment
- sign up for work trials and job clubs to improve your visibility to employers
- receive extra help if you're disable through Access to Work
Job Start Payment
Job Start Payment is a new benefit to young people with the costs of starting a new job. You can apply if you're a young person out of work and have been offered a job on or after 17 August 2020. Further information regarding eligibility can be found on the mygov.scot website.
Visit mygov.scot/job-start-payment for full details.
If your main aim is finding and applying for jobs, go here for advice and guidance than can help you.
Conquer your career goals with practical tips, information and guidance to help you no matter what stage of your career journey you're in.
If you're considering applying for a course or searching for learning opportunities to boost your career, we have advice for you here.